Black Cat engages with mining services companies for Paulsens refurbishment
Black Cat Syndicate Limited (ASX: BC8) has commenced refurbishment works on its processing facility at the 100% owned Paulsens gold operation, with managing director Gareth Solly saying that the company has started to engage with mining contractors and equipment suppliers.
Long lead items have been procured, including mill liners and lifters, two new Knelson concentrators, steel for tank and structural modifications and a new liquid oxygen tank.
“Our team has been systematically working through the processing plant conducting maintenance work as well as setting details plans for future refurbishment works,” Mr Solly said.
“Work to date has been extremely productive with significant upside identified, particularly in the crushing circuit.
“Long lead items have been or are in the process of being ordered.
“We are also starting to engage with mining contractors and equipment suppliers.
“Activities will progressively step-up as our additional financing becomes available.”
Refurbishment activities completed include:
- proof running the crushing circuit, including startup of the primary jaw crusher, secondary and tertiary cone crushers, the triple deck screen and all associated conveyors;
- successfully testing the leach and CIL tank agitator motors and gearboxes, with only one motor and one gearbox requiring replacement;
- testing all sump pumps within the gravity/leach area, with all found to be operational.
Further work planned during Q1 CY24 include:
- mobilisation of contract maintenance personnel and a 40t crane;
- removal of two existing Knelson concentrators to reduce installation time of replacement units;
- inspection and/or removal of rubber lined steel pipework within the grinding and gravity circuits;
- continued stripping and rebuilding/replacement of all pumps within the processing facility.
The Paulsens village and camp which houses more than 128 people continues to be utilised as ongoing rental to third parties.